Post codes and AV8 3rd Eye

yellowsnowman

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I recently ordered and recieved a whole slew of computer parts from newegg. I put everything together, but now whenever i turn it on (no monitor) The post code flashes to 40 and the case speaker does continuous short beeps. I looked in the manual, and it says "Test 8259 interrupt mask bits for channel 2". The weird thing is, I have nothing plugged into IDE channel 2.

Can anyone help?

I think but don't quote me on this code 40 means 'Check for video feature ROM and video presence'

AV8 3rd Eye - I have this exact board, but didn't get anything like that.

What I got was an error code not listed :p What it ended up being (it wouldn't power up) was that the small 12v power wasn't connected which it needed along with the long power one for running the rest of the system, but the CPU fan span up...but then just stopped, hehe. Soon got it fixed though.

A great board by the way :)...well...when it works...

Strangley if it is about the video, this motherboard contains one (at least I'm pretty sure it does), as well as a sound chip.

I'm researching it, though I haven't found anything so far :(

EDIT: I'm sorry. I can't find anything to help :( Make sure everything is connected firmly, Hardware and wires, etc, even if it means taking them out and starting again, making sure you didn't make any mistakes :p

Peanutter said:
I think but don't quote me on this code 40 means 'Check for video feature ROM and video presence'

I dont think so, cause when I looked in the motherboard manual it said it meant "Test 8259 interrupt channel 2"... Which I have no idea what that means.

Back
Top Bottom