Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Is it possible to play a MAC game on a PC??? ...(How stupid does that question sound)

Hey. I have a Mac version of MYST from about 6 years ago when i had a Mac. I really wanted to give this game another go but my Mac is long long gone and i now have a PC. I don't suppose there's any way to play a Mac game on a PC, by, use of an emulator or something???

...It's an immensely simple game power-wise (256 colours, hehe). No way i can play it on my PC???

Thanks, hope someone can help!

Wiredchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Is it possible to play a MAC game on a PC??? ...(How stupid does that question so

im sure if you seach google you could either find a program for your computer that will allow you to do that or an emmulator.

Infin1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to reece296 Send a message via Yahoo to reece296
Default Re: Is it possible to play a MAC game on a PC??? ...(How stupid does that question sound)

http://www.google.gg/search?sourceid...ac+Games+on+PC
reece296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #4
In Runtime

Default Re: Is it possible to play a MAC game on a PC??? ...(How stupid does that question sound)

Yeh, i did that before i posted on here and couldn't find anything of use. I just wondered if someone had been in the same situation and knew if it was possible.

Seems it's maybe not possible. It's irritating, i don't want to go out and spend 15 or whatever on a game just cos i have a PC now...Skint enough as it is!

...No luck anyone??
Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #5
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Download the Mac OS?
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to reece296 Send a message via Yahoo to reece296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredchild
Yeh, i did that before i posted on here and couldn't find anything of use. I just wondered if someone had been in the same situation and knew if it was possible.

Seems it's maybe not possible. It's irritating, i don't want to go out and spend 15 or whatever on a game just cos i have a PC now...Skint enough as it is!

...No luck anyone??
Click on that google link above there are loads of downloads to make it work!
reece296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #7
In Runtime

Back again. I have tried all the stuff i can find. Just seems ridiculous that there's no simple emulator to run a Mac game.

The disk format is different too though, i think. i just can't seem to even read the disk no matter what i use.

It's an old version of Myst from 1993 and i believe the game runs from the disk. Really don't know if i can get this to run...Sucks.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
In Runtime

Default Re: Is it possible to play a MAC game on a PC??? ...(How stupid does that question so

well you know there is one sure fire solution. You could just go out and get a new copy of Mist for the PC for around $10-$15 lol.

Infin1ty is offline   Reply With Quote