Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Possible new configuration

the gtx260 is out of production, which is never a good thing imo

and putting together a computer is really easy, just watch a vid off youtube or soemthing, Or we, if you want, can give you chronological bullet points as what to do

6950 flashed to 6970 Oc:880cpu 1300memory,2x2gb ddr3 1066,phenomII x4 955 3.2ghz,Tuniq hsf,750w psu,1tb f2 32mb 7200rpm,2tb f4 64mb 7200rpm,cyborg V7, cyborg V3, X-fi creative sounfblaster, Audiophile M-audio,Xclio-windtunnel,Tb7300 graphics tablet
madanchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #12
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madanchi View Post
the gtx260 is out of production, which is never a good thing imo

and putting together a computer is really easy, just watch a vid off youtube or soemthing, Or we, if you want, can give you chronological bullet points as what to do
Thanks for the info about the gtx260 and also for your perspective and offer to help guide a build.

I have a few ideas in mind that I won't bore anyone with right now, but regardless of the path I take I sincerely appreciate the responses to my original post as they've been very helpful to me.

Thanks,
Paul

Newbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #13
Solid State Member

It's been about 10 days since my last post and I wanted to post a follow up on my situation as well as a very heartfelt thank you.

With some modifications based on suggestions from mainly here I pieced together my system and had a Microcenter build it for me for $125. Yes, I know that I didn't take the DIY route that so many here advocate, but this was a time sensitive situation and I didn't want to spend the time moving up the learning curve on what was going to be a work computer for me.

In closing, I truly want to thank everyone who offered their help. Based on that I'm sure that other forum regulars would have chimed in also had my questions continued and this had led to my confidence to rising enough to undertake a build/upgrade in the nearish future with my old machine. To the extent time allows, I plan on playing with my old box to upgrade it and gain an understanding of the actual process.

Again, thank you.

Newbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote