Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-20-2007, 02:46 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Possible to have vista on two comps?

Ok, so is it possible to have vista on two computers? I don't want to have to use cracks and hacks. Can't i just activate both and say i just reformated my computer? I remember my dad doing this with XP and it worked. Just wondering, cause me and my bro want to go half and half on vista.

clandestinex337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 AM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Possible to have vista on two comps?

No, it isn't, sadly. You get one key per copy. Kind of sucks, on XP you could have 5 keys per copy. Oh well...

Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to medabomb2000

actually with xp you can install the same key on 3 computers without having any problems.. Vista on the other hand was created so it could not be pirated, or at least harder to pirate. Microsoft made the install config to only allow a registration of one computer because as you register it with microsoft, it saves your computers mac address so it can not be installed onto another computer. You can reformat without a problem as long as you are using the same computer.
PSU:OCZ 600W modular - Mobo:ASUS P8Z68-V PRO - Processor:Intel Core i7-2600K - CPU Coolant:ZALMAN CNPS11X Extreme - Memory:CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1866 - Hard Drive:4.0 TB [2]Seagate Barracuda XT 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s - Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 512mb - DVD Drives:Sony 18x DVD+/- DL Burner and Samsung 18x DVD+/- DL Burner - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
medabomb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Your actually allowed to transfer the licence once. Heres a little snippet of an article about it. With Windows Vista, the EULA has been clarified. It now explicitly states that a user may "reassign the [Windows Vista] license to another device one time." This, the pundits say, is a huge restriction that wasn't present in Windows XP. Many people incorrectly believe this to be the case.

There seems to be alot of confusion over licencing on here recently, so heres an article that should clear it up.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase..._licensing.asp
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote