Possible hard drive problem or maybe power supply? I dont know

It's the hard drive - its booting up, and the hard drive isn't working in another PC.

Get a new one.

Nik00117 said:
Nope BIOS can be F1, F2, F10, DEL and a lot of othe rkeys depends. But when we are trying to get into bios at my place and it doesn't tell you we hit all the normal keys. A lot in boot up. Normally one works, never seen one of those not work.

Some tips to try, take the Hds out of the case with them hooked up to the PC ontop of a anti-static bag, boot it upa nd feel it if you feel a click, click its the HD, And considering its booting up I very much doubt its the PSU, you coulld also try a different connector for the power to the HD.

Ok, I started hiting the keys you mentiioned to get into the Bios, well I didn't get into them, but I did get the Widowns loading screen. It then let me into windows just like normal. Obviously, I transfered all my personal stuff off as fast as I could onto an external hard drive.

Should I now just throw out that drive and use a new one?

You could sell it as Untested on eBay, accepting no returns? It could just be a minor fault with the drive?

prosser13 said:
You could sell it as Untested on eBay, accepting no returns? It could just be a minor fault with the drive?

True, Now there was a second drive I had in that computer. It was my back up drive. LOL, but it had some stuff on there that wasn't on my other drive. The Platters inside son't sound like they are spinnning when I put power to the drive? is that savable, without having to spend TONS of money to havev some company to do it?

Ok, I started hiting the keys you mentiioned to get into the Bios, well I didn't get into them, but I did get the Widowns loading screen. It then let me into windows just like normal. Obviously, I transfered all my personal stuff off as fast as I could onto an external hard drive.

Should I now just throw out that drive and use a new one?

Erm thats weird.

ON some mobos it can be a chore to get into bios try rebooting several times each time repeatly tap ONE of those keys. If none of those work I couldn't give you any advice over the internet i'd have to pyhsically haveit.

BrianS - can you still access the drive? Look in My Computer and take a look at Everest free edition (Google it), and see if it shows up. If it doesn't, then TBH there's not much you can do. There are several programs on the net which can retrieve data when you can't access it, but if the drive isn't shown in Windows theres not much you can do as I said :(

Back
Top Bottom