Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Beta Member

Question is it possible to buy computers from schools?(dint know where else to post this)

i was wondering if it was possible to get computers from school and companies that they are no longer using because they bought new computers. they put there old computers in storage rooms and forget about them(i think). do you like need to sign a contract with them and buy the computers or what? is it even possible? all answers appreciated. thanks!

slav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to SPuNKYbd Send a message via MSN to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Yahoo to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Skype™ to SPuNKYbd
Default Re: is it possible to buy computers from schools?(dint know where else to post this)

Most companies and schools donate them to electronic recycling plants, they take them all apart and process teh individual materials as needed. Often times they reassemble old computers and sell them in bulk or alone at discount prices. Depending on where you live, they may do something different, like donate them to goodwill or something.

Dealing directly with a school for their computers would be rare, and may not happen at all. Check for computer recycling and electronic recycling plants, they will most likely have old computers for sale, and or free.

Also, putting a short ad on craigslist explaining your need for older computers is pretty productive. Ive picked up a few computers for as little as $50 and some for free. These werent the best machines ever, but they serve the purpose of entertaining my young nieces, and cousins.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
JCB
Daemon Poster

Default Re: is it possible to buy computers from schools?(dint know where else to post this)

if u look on ebay under the "wholesale" section people usually sell pcs in bulk