Is it possible?

BF2player

BSOD
I have a radeon 9200 video card with 256 RAM with video out and another port that looks like a mouse port. Anyway, it is posible to hook up my camcorder to my computer and save the video to my computer and if so, how could I do that?

That's S-Video and im not sure if you can play videos to your computer from that.

I don't have S video on my camcorder. It's an analog camcorder. I have a USB cord, but how do I plug that into my camcorder? I do not have USB on my camcorder.

That S-video is not too put stuff in the computer. Its an S-video out, so you can hook your computer up to a TV if you wanted to watcha movie on your TV that is saved on your computer. There is no way you can go against traffic through the video card and onto your computer.
Anyway, if you want to hook up an analog camcorder to a digital computer. In other words convert that analog signel to a digital signal, there are special connectors you can buy, you might have had one come with your camcordor. Otherwise you can buy them. They will plug into either USB or Firewire, if its not one of those, its probably not for sending video to the computer, you also have to have the right software on your computer, like Microsoft Movie maker, best for starters.

Good luck.

USB sucks with camcorders because it looses frames; not fast enough. Firewire doesnt drop frames because it is faster.

john123 said:
USB sucks with camcorders because it looses frames; not fast enough. Firewire doesnt drop frames because it is faster.

Care to explain this? Firewire can only transfer at 400mbps whereas USB2 can transfer at 480mbps

yes, technically this is true, but for video, for some reason it is not. They have even tested it on call for help and i did my own tests :)

Back
Top Bottom