Port Forwarding Help

N_350Z

In Runtime
My router/ISP has restrictions on torrents and such. Someone told me that Peer Guardian would help to get rid of that, but I had to have Port Forwarding set up on my router -- thing is, I already tried getting port forwarding set up on this router, and was unsuccessful, I'm sick of searching for direct downloads every time I want to download something.

My ISP: CenturyTel
My Router: Motorola SB5120 SURFboard Cable Modem

Infinite rep for anyone who can help me get this set up. And before you say it, I already looked at portforward.com, I didn't see my router on the list.

Now i could be very wrong here, so please don't quote me...

But that Motorola is a modem, not a router...and being so I THINK means that you can't port forward on it....try going to www.routerlogin.com and see if you can get into it, if you can, chances are you'll find options for port fowarding..

Matt

What exactly are you trying to download, and what program are you trying to use to downlaod it? I'm sure you know, that certain programs have certain ports that need forwarding. What's the application you are using? And what type of router do you have?

Oh ****.

Man, I feel retarded. It says modem right on the..box-thing.

Yeah, I've got a modem. Jesus I'm retarded.

Yeah, well, anyways. Most P2P programs get crap speeds. Azerus/BitTyrant in particular never seem to get past 10 kb/s.

Back
Top Bottom