pop-ups

Rock217

Baseband Member
Lately I've been getting pop-up windows titled either "ss" or sixyt-six and something like popstopper coming up on my screen. I've run Nortons a/v and spybot s&d but those havent stopped it.
Also, in msconfig I've unchecked these, clicked apply, ok, and restarted my computer but they come back.
Also, how can I get Items like these plus others from being listed as possible start-up items? How can I delete them?
Thanks

try running the file names through the search for files and delete anything that looks sus and any temp files if it gets out of control and happens too often try saving your important things to disk and reinstall windows

okay if you are running internet explorer i suggest getting firefox i used to have ie with adaware and spybot and id get spyware sometimes now i have firefox and i never get anything. and the second thing is give microsoft anti spyware a try i love it its so much better than the others i think.

I have been using firefox for about a week now. My OS is windows ME, I dont think you can use the new Microsoft anti spyware with it.

ok get rid of ME for one and don't worry bout the microsoft spyware most free spyware sweepers will do. i have spy sweeper and it works just fine, any spyware or adware it finds it and quaratines it and deletes other traces.

Back
Top Bottom