Pop-Up Problems

jordonwuff

Baseband Member
Alright.. I'm not big into computers or anything, and I don't really think this is a pop-up problem.. But everytime I click on anything (lets say im in some website and i click a link) everything that uses internet exits out or just that page freezes up and i have to end task. Then it asks if I want to send an error report blah blah. I don't know what to do, I tried turning off my pop-up blocker but that hasn't done anything. NO POP-UPS will come on.. Not even the ones you want whenever you click on something, unless i hold the CTRL button while clicking (like you do on some pop-up blockers) Any tips? I'm running on Windows XP Service Pack 2... Have all of my updates that I can currently get. I have a spyware/adware remover, and run my virus scan every week. I defrag atleast every two weeks. Any detailed tips? Thanks fellas

--Jordon

Internet Explorer.. I don't think it needs reinstalled? Maybe.. What's other people's opinions on this?

--Jordon

Dont use Internet Explorer, and get SpySweeper... :D

And use FireFox for the LOVE OF GOD!! :eek:
www.mozilla.org
Download and Install FireFox and make it your default browser. DO NOT uninstall Internet Explorer, just neglect it and don't use it unless you have to, which is SO RARE.

Drop by BestBuy, we have SpySweeper on sale ALL THE TIME for $20! It gets rid of EVERY SCRAP of adware and spyware and popup strings! :D

DarkBlade said:
And use FireFox for the LOVE OF GOD!! :eek:

thank god you suggested FireFox its an excellent web browser (THE BEST) and once you install in and surf for the first time is magical, all problems seem to fade away and your in a world of your own, at one with the fox!

FireFox has never crashed once and i have used it for a year but it came very close ... :p i was happy when it fixed its self.

technoman said:
thank god you suggested FireFox its an excellent web browser (THE BEST) and once you install in and surf for the first time is magical, all problems seem to fade away and your in a world of your own, at one with fox!

don't worry i am not mad ;)

Back
Top Bottom