Point me in the right direction?

D3M0

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm looking out to buy a new computer set-up for PC gaming. And i was wondering if anybody would be able to point me int he right direction?
I'm on a budget so i'd prefer it to be kept under £300-£400 if possible.
The computer I'm after will be solely for gaming. So basic requirments are a high Ram to be able to run games smoothly and above decent graphics (if any other gamers have any other recommendations that'd be great) . And if possible I'd like it to look fancy too. Sheerly for LAN parties. etc.:cool: I will be purchesing the Keyboard/mouse/screen/speakers seperatly.
Much appreciated for any help.
~Edit~
Probably should of mentioned this before, I live in the UK. So UK currency websites preferibly. getting P&P from other countries would push the budget.
~Edit#2~
I would be upgrading the system over a period of time, so to fit my budget, I just need the basics and something that'll keep me going for games like;
Shadowrun
C&C
Counterstrike
Starcraft
& CoD(possibly)

Www.newegg.com

to make it look "fancy" I would look to http://www.xoxide.com/ for that.
His budget is £300-£400, he's in the UK. For all Americans, we use Ebuyer.com, Scan.co.uk and Microdirect.co.uk.

@ OP, since your budget is quite low, is it possible for you to salvage any parts from your current system? Hard drive, disc drive, case etc? Or do you need everything?

His budget is £300-£400, he's in the UK. For all Americans, we use Ebuyer.com, Scan.co.uk and Microdirect.co.uk.

@ OP, since your budget is quite low, is it possible for you to salvage any parts from your current system? Hard drive, disc drive, case etc? Or do you need everything?

Hmm, I would need everything, but i can increase my budget by another £100-£150 or so at a stretch.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/gamer_infinity_800/
I've just come across this...
Since im new to the whole "PC build" thing, can anyone comment on it and tell me what i'm missing, if it's a good buy, etc.

Hmm, I would need everything, but i can increase my budget by another £100-£150 or so at a stretch.
When you say everything, do you mean the system, without monitor, mouse etc?

If yes, you could easily build something decent with that budget. How about this:

CPU: Phenom II X3 710
Motherboard: ASUS 780G
RAM: Corsair 2x2GB 1066
GPU: HD 4830 <- Bit cheaper compared to the 9800GT and offers the same or better performance.
PSU: OCZ 500W
HDD: I didn't pick anything here because I don't know how much space you'll need. Just make sure you get something 7200RPM with a SATA interface.
Case: CM Elite 330
Disc Drive: Bla

I think that's pretty damn good for just over £400. If you need an OS, go with Vista 64bit.

I would need a mouse, keyboard, and maybe a monitor unless i can dig one out, but I know where im going for the mouse and keyboard. But thanks alot man. I'll probablly go with/edit slightly that build. Much appreciated.:D

Umm alexcmia. . .

#1. The OP is in the UK (England)

#2. worshipme has provided a nice build that fits his budget.

#3. eBay is one of the last places to look for components to build a computer.

I swear to god every thread i ever make always ends up in a debate of sorts... & @ alexcmia, I already have consoles...Correct, they are fun and cheaper, but console gaming is ALOT more limited then Pc gaming...+the pc gaming community is more preferable...

Who's asking you about building a computer alexcmia?

We're trying to help D3M0 find the best deal on a computer setup with a budget of £400 - £550.

I swear to god every thread i ever make always ends up in a debate of sorts...
Sorry about that D3MO, some people just don't get it. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom