PNY 9500 GT Graphics Card Problems

DoubleB123

Beta member
Ok, so I bought a used PNY 9500 GT and I can't get it to work. I have tried installing it twice into my computer, and both times it hasn't worked. The fan is running on the card, but when I plug in the monitor cable to the graphics card nothing shows up on the screen. Also, if I try and install drivers for the card it says that no device is detected.

I don't have another computer to try the graphics card in so it may be a bad card, I did buy it used after all. Also, are there any ways to check if it is a bad PCIe slot on the motherboard? The motherboard i have is an ASUS P5QL-VM EPU. Please help, it would be much appreciated.

Have you configured the BIOS to use the PCI port for graphics? In the BIOS check Advanced | Chipset | IGD Graphics mode select.

You can read about it in the motherboard manual.

Have you configured the BIOS to use the PCI port for graphics? In the BIOS check Advanced | Chipset | IGD Graphics mode select.

You can read about it in the motherboard manual.
What would I select? According to the manual the options are Disabled, Enabled 32 MB, Enabled 64 MB, and Enabled 128 MB.

Also, the Initiate Graphics Adapter menu is set to PEG/PCI. Is it necessary to change this to anything else?

What was the source of the video card? It sounds like it's a dead card, and no, you don't usually need to change anything in the BIOS unless you're running more than one video card that you need to assign one to the boot device.

What was the source of the video card? It sounds like it's a dead card, and no, you don't usually need to change anything in the BIOS unless you're running more than one video card that you need to assign one to the boot device.
By source do you mean what kind of slot it fits in? If so, it is PCIe x16.

I was thinking it might be a dead card too, but the fan on the card runs.

Back
Top Bottom