plz help!!! Graphics card

upsetgecko1

Solid State Member
i own a dell optiplex gx260 and i would like to upgrade my graphics card.

how do i know which ones are compatible with it?

any help at all would be much appreciated.

THANK YOU

Well you need to find out what slots it has inside for expansion .
Then look at this
PCXSLOTS.GIF

If you have any doubts just post a picture up

Then once you know what it is if its an agp you need to know the speed so download something like everest or pc wizard and that should tell you but dont quote me on that .

Well you need to find out what slots it has inside for expansion .
Then look at this
PCXSLOTS.GIF

If you have any doubts just post a picture up

Then once you know what it is if its an agp you need to know the speed so download something like everest or pc wizard and that should tell you but dont quote me on that .

LOL why didn't your just tell him to download that program in the first place ;)

It is AGP, you can just google it. Most Dells that are not XPS are AGP slots, and the Optiplex gx260 is AGP, I just checked.

with a AGP slot the best card you could really get would be a 6800. they are pretty nice, and as fast as you can get without having the agp being a major bottleneck.

Well, that is not that good of a deal. The 7950 costs more, but doesn't give a big enough change.

Well, that is not that good of a deal. The 7950 costs more, but doesn't give a big enough change.

I think what thelis means is the 6800 is a hell of a lot better value for the money, as
price : performance ratios go, the 6800 is a better choice unless there was a real reason to justify the extra expense for a 7950.

Back
Top Bottom