Plugging in external monitor to Laptop

Mart

Solid State Member
Hi Guys,
Could someone shed some light, I know you can plug in an external monitor into a laptop to test the unit if the original screen is damaged. (via VGA cable) But is it possible to plug a laptop into another laptop in the same example as using an external monitor.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help.

Mart

Yes, just right click on your home screen and then display something.... IDK what to do after that, I'm in a. Car..

After plugging in the VGA cable what is the next step, The computer automatically detected the montor plugged in via the Control Panel > Display. But is there anyway of actually testing the laptop, i.e. view files on the external laptop screen thru the 1st laptop.

Mart, unfortunately what you are trying to do won't work. The VGA port on a laptop is output only. You can't input a VGA signal on it.

IF the laptop with the broken screen has Remote Desktop or other remote software (VNC for example) installed, you may be able to remotely control it, but that only works once Windows is booted.

Ok, thought so. Will pick up a cheap monitor later today. As a friend of mine has a broken screen after dropping it, just obviously need to check the brain of the laptop is still working ok

Back
Top Bottom