Hello, new to the forums, this'll be my first thread, so go easy on me.
Getting my first high-end computer in August. I am unsure of which manufacturer / website to buy my computer from, I've also heard of plenty bad
reviews for iBuyPower & AlienWare. Are there any nice custom configuration companies that I have yet to hear about? I'm just looking for a nice company who will do a good clean job for the computer I'm willing to spend so much on. No loose screws, won't arrive defective, and definitely no missing parts.
I know this happens maybe sometimes, but I prefer a company that doesn't screw up a lot, if you know what I mean. Just reading bad reviews for so many companies scare me.
My budget is $4,000 USD.
(After Tax / Fees / Etc.)
Some of the must-haves are :
Intel® Core™ i7 980X Processor Extreme Edition (6x 3.33GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Hard Drive :
Intel / Corsair Solid State Drive 160 GB +
At least 6 GB + (1,333~2,000 MHz) DDR3 RAM
So here are my questions :
- Which website / manufacturer should I purchase from?
- Is the Intel i7-980x too much of an overkill, even for a heavy user like me?
- Are SSD (Solid State Drives) faster than a 10,000 RPM Hard Drive?
- Is the MHz for RAM a huge factor?
- Would a single ATI Radeon HD 5970 2 GB be enough to play Crysis on High?
I basically looking for everything top-of-the-line. Money doesn't really matter that much to me, I have all the things I already need, so don't lecture me on how I'm spending my money unwisely. Thank you for answering my questions.