Please Help! Phenom X6 1090T vs. FX 6100

Nathan_Hood

Beta member
I really need help deciding what to get with my system if it's of any use here is my current list of what I'm building specs:

CPU- HELP ME?
RAM- 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard- Asus M5897
Power Supply- 600w Corsair gaming series(Think that's the name of it anyway)
Case- Hummer Gaming Case
Cooling- Hydro Series H80

The rest doesn't really matter, So I'm using this computer to game and to record edit and render HD video so which processor is best I've looked around for a while anybody who can help I would be extremely grateful :)

The 1090T will be the better buy for stock clocks. The 6100 can barely keep pace with the larger brother 1100T.

HOWEVER if you plan on overclocking, the 6100 has been known to hit 4.3 GHz, so if you are OK with that, go for the 6100.

The rest looks fine. What kind of video card are you getting?

FX 6100 is newer with bulldozer however the FXs run high wattage thus being very hot. You should invest in an aftermarket cooler if you get the FX 6100. Both are great products but as Indigo said, go with the 1090t if you are planning on NOT overclocking

FX 6100 is newer with bulldozer however the FXs run high wattage thus being very hot. You should invest in an aftermarket cooler if you get the FX 6100. Both are great products but as Indigo said, go with the 1090t if you are planning on NOT overclocking

The Bulldozer chips run within the same TDP classes as the older Phenom II chips, the temps are identical in most cases, especially with an aftermarket heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom