Please help! New computer shows NOTHING on monitor!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hello all,

Just finally got together my built computer with all new parts. When I turned it on, all of the parts clearly powered on (fan, CPU fan, and everything were all on), but nothing showed up on the monitor screen!

Here is my motherboard:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1649101&CatId=0

Like, when the computer turns on, the monitor shows nothing as if it does not recognize anything should be showing up (the power light stays orange and not green).

I have tried unplugging all IDE/floppy stuff JUST to get the mobo alone and still no luck. I am using the onboard graphics on that motherboard.

I have also tried changing out the RAM. That didn't work, so then I tried removing all RAM to see if it would give me the beeping error. But no beeps came!

Its like the computer turns on and everything but does NOTHING!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

oh, and here's my PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153023

I have it set on the default 115v it came as

on\off switch could be on backwards....

one time i got a screw caught under the mobo and it kept preventing it from turning on

thats pretty much all ever happend to me. or i could think of at the moment

Unplug all the power cables and plug back in again, i had this problem with a friends computer, i did everything expect unplug and plug the PSU

Once i did that it worked fine

even though computer powered up fine there must have been a bad connection somewhere

woah, dude... you have the same problem as me ( different hardware, but exact same sort of problem it seems... ive actually got a thread about mine back on the index page....currently a few threads below this one i think..... hmm... maybe a few above )

if you ever find a solution make sure you post it up!!

24hrs- yeah this is awfully frustrating. At least with software you get an error message :p I'll definitely let you know if I find the problem

Ok, I'm looking through my mobo manual and it seems to have some custom settings stuff and all I did was put on the processor and heatsink and fan, and plug the main 24pin power connector.

Now that I'm looking through the manual, I also see an option for another "ATX Power Source Connector". And it says "by connecting this connector, it will provide +12V to the CPU power circuit." and then it has a picture of a group of 4 pin holes set in a square formation (3 are circles, one is a square), and I have a plug like this coming from my power supply. Is it important to plug this one in? Because all I did for power was the main 24pin one.

thanks!

AHHH IT WORKS!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH :D :D

(sorry, Ive spent like all night trying to fix this :p)

LOL, yeah, connect everything that has to be connected to. That's why the 20 +4 pin can have such headaches sometime because if a power supply doesn't have that connector, you'll have to get one that does support it. Most new power supplies should have them though. It's pretty much a standard thing.

Good thing you mentioned that power connector, otherwise, we would've never know how to fix your problem. I wonder if the other guy with the new build have a similar problem?

For his sake, I hope he did! That was a nice and easy one to fix :)

Thanks again everybody!

Back
Top Bottom