Originally Posted by rohan23
You don't need to for that board. I used to have it. You can't install drivers, if there isn't a hard drive to install it to. Can you try using that HDD in another computer?
here are suggestions from another forum...
* In the bios, you should have the Sata set in IDE mode, do you?
* In the Bios, you should have the Sata options enabled, do you?
* Have you loaded all the chipset drivers?
* Are you certain you have the Sata hooked to the correct connection on the motherboard?
* Do you have the Bios set to boot as follows:
CDRom - 1st
Floppy - 2nd
Hard Drive - 3rd
* Do you have the Hard Drive Priority in the Boot area set with the Sata listed FIRST?
* Have you tried it with only one stick of memory? Check your manual for the proper slot.
hope that helps, maybe you could borrow an IDE DVD/CD ROM from someone and try it that way...?