Please Help...New Build...Going Crazy...

DorkiDorri

Baseband Member
Hey guys I am purchasing a computer from Cyberpower PC...and yes I have heard all the horror stories...besides that this is my first computer I am putting together. I would really love it if you could take a look over my specs and let me know what you think. Is there anything I should do instead? Do the components all work together?....you get the point all the usual questions. I am going to purchase it by the end of the day I have been putting together computer after computer and I think I figured out what I wanted...hopefully, I just feel like I am going crazy, but I think I got it....even if it went way, way over budget...oh, well. I really do not want to spend any more money than I already am. The total cost is $1004.15 w/out the mail in rebates. My original budget was $600-800. Thank you so much for your advice and point of view. I really appreiciate it. I cant wait to hear back from you cause I really need your help. I dont want to get a dud....

The configuration number if you want to load it on Cyberpowerpc.com:

Here are the specs-

CASE: NZXT Zero 2 Crafted Series Steel Full Tower 420W Case (Black Color Trim)

Extra Case Fan: Default case fans --- Do I need extra of these?

POWER SUPPLY: 750 Watts Power Supplies (Corsair CMPSU-750TX - Quad SLI Ready) --- Is this to low/ high of a PSU?

CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

COOLING FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK --- I wont be doing any overclocking do I need an upgraded fan?

MOTHERBOARD: ($20 off Mail-in Rebate) GigaByte MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 790X CrossFire Chipset with Quad PCIE slot SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394, & 7.1Audio ---- Is this a good motherboard for the CPU? Also is it a good one in genreal I have had MSI and it went out super fast and was a joke trying to deal with customer support

MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon HD 4870 PCI-E 16X 512MB DDR5 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

MULTIPLE VIDEO CARD SETTINGS: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Data Hard Drive: NONE

HARD DRIVE COOLING FAN: None

Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (Black Color)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network --- Is this okay or should I do something else?

MODEM: NONE

Extra Thermal Display: NONE

Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: NONE ---- Should I have one of these?

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

VIDEO CAMERA: NONE

IEEE CARD: NONE

USB PORT: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

FLOPPY: NONE

OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None

Please let me know what you think. I know I am full of questions, I just want to make sure I am doing this all right. Again thank you sooooo much for taking the time to read this and help me cause I really need some help. Thanks!

~Belle

it is $1004.15 before rebates w/ free shipping. It is pretty reasonable being as I never have any time to do anything and if I put it together the parts would just sit in my house for 6 months collecting dust

It cant hurt to have overkill :) They have limed options for mother boards which is kinda stupid and I want better than worse :) I was thinking of putting 8gb ram in it but, I think that would also be overkill...but who knows :)

IMHO, the Phenom II 955 BE, DDR3 Mobo, and DDR3 RAM is all way overkill. But if you can afford it, WTH. Go for it.

Everything looks good as is.

You really don't need a 750W power supply. If you want to save a few dollars, you could scale back to something in a 550W - 600W unit.

I think I might try to scale back a little and try to get back toward my budget but for the rest of it I think I will pretty much keep it the same. My las computer (sad to say) is almost 9 years old...I have been saving for awhile lol. Also hopefully the nicer I get it the longer it will last me. I dont play that many extreme games. I guess I am just not cool enough for them yet lol

I am going to go with a 635w corsair PSU, it save me about 15 dollars but it has a mail in rebate too...Would this PSU be able to handle more ram? I would imagine so but I just wanna be safe. I am going to put between 2-4 more gb of ram and another 500gb of hard drive from my old computer.

Back
Top Bottom