Please help with my upgrade..

yuriy101

Beta member
Hi, ill just get right to th ebasics. My motehrboard is a A8M2N-LA (NodusM3) with Phoenix Systems 3.07 Bios. It came with a AMD 4200 but i wanted to upgrade it to a 5600. I plugged everything in correctly and hooked up the computer. However, when i turn it on i hear the fans and everything but the screen is blanc, and i hear a repetative, long beep sound. I installed the old cpu (using it now) and everything booted fine. Can anyone explain to me why it is not booting up with the 5600 cpu and making a beep sound every 2 or so seconds? Thanks! :confused:

i had the same problem when i was puting my GTX 295 in, did you take anything else off your mobo that was their before ? check to see that everything is plugged in nice and snugg.

That motherboard supports Athlon 64 X2 up to 5000+. It might be having a problem with your 5600+. You may need a BIOS update to run that CPU.

Everything is plugged in fine since i put in my old cpu and it booted up right away. Also, no pins are bent and i did not use any force putting it in, it just "slipped" in on its own. Oh and look at this, http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/A8M2N-LA.html According to that it should be supported.
This is what one user on that site wrote wrote:
I just received an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5800+ from Newegg today and installed in an older HP a1268c under bios version 3.07. Works fine so far, had a couple no post beep errors at first but they worked themselves out with a few restarts and adjustments (for some reason it was beeping faulty memory on good ram).

Back
Top Bottom