Please help with my 7900GT and vista

Raytheon

Baseband Member
I just installed the latest vista drivers (169.25) for my 7900GT from the nvidia website, and now I can only access windows via safe mode!!! Otherwise I get a scrambled screen and cant see anything.

The default drivers worked fine and I have already tested installing other previous drivers released by nvidia and they give the same problem.

Does somebody know the version of the drivers that come with vista? as they worked fine...

Please somebody help me, I need to recover important files I had in vmware virtual machines as I can't access the virtual machines via safe mode.

Thanks

Are you using the correct Vista drivers? They have different versions for both 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.

If you had a CD that came with the 7900GT, there are drivers on that. Otherwise, check what Atomic Rooster said.

The CD came with drivers, but they are for windows xp. And yes, I downloaded the correct drivers (169.25_forceware_winvista_32bit_english_whql).

With the default drivers from vista it worked fine. But now I can't get into vista because of the scrambled screen...

corruptedoy5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom