please help- mother board and cpu.

Laxgoalie1

In Runtime
Im building a computer and right now im attaching the heatsink for the cpu...but the lever is really hard to pull is that right? plus i picked it up to see if the fan was on backwards...some of the pad stuff on the bottum of the heatsink got on the cpu is that bad...please help i dont know if i should pull the lever hard....im afraid it will break.

Some of the Thermal Paste? In all simpleness, it is supposed to be on the CPU :p Just stick it on and push down, make sure that the paste doesn't bother the fixing of course. What is up with the Lever?

I'm thinking it's a P4 CPU? (The giant silver block things...) You gotta push it down, and away from the CPU at the same time... I just shoved a screwdriver in there and poped the lever out, worked a buttload faster. :)

EDIT: Don't get the Thermal Paste on your hands... I hear it causes cancer or something... well... what doesn't...

Lol. I know a number of people who would give me Cancer much faster than if I covered my face in Thermal Paste right now :p

Lol, it is quite thoroughly crazy, all the things they think cause Cancer... you're born with the basicness anyway, you can't live life if you keep trying to stop things you have no control over :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol. I know a number of people who would give me Cancer much faster than if I covered my face in Thermal Paste right now :p

Lol, it is quite thoroughly crazy, all the things they think cause Cancer... you're born with the basicness anyway, you can't live life if you keep trying to stop things you have no control over :D

So true... So indeedfully true.

What a bunch of buttholes. The guy asked for help and all you can do is gratify your need to see your name in print. Particularly you, LK.

Laxgoalie1 said:
Im building a computer and right now im attaching the heatsink for the cpu...but the lever is really hard to pull is that right? plus i picked it up to see if the fan was on backwards...some of the pad stuff on the bottum of the heatsink got on the cpu is that bad...please help i dont know if i should pull the lever hard....im afraid it will break.
As I said before, the Lever will be hard to pull down, that way they are hard to pull back up. Which is what you want. You should pull the lever hard. If it does break, send it back. It shouldn't.

Let's not make this derogatory Per... :D

I have watched you and your posts. You have never helped anyone. You just sit there posting nonsense to every post you can open. I watched you post 40 nonsense posts in 1 hour. Your status as a 12000 post guru is based on nothing more than nonsensical bullshit..

Back
Top Bottom