Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default please help- mother board and cpu.

Im building a computer and right now im attaching the heatsink for the cpu...but the lever is really hard to pull is that right? plus i picked it up to see if the fan was on backwards...some of the pad stuff on the bottum of the heatsink got on the cpu is that bad...please help i dont know if i should pull the lever hard....im afraid it will break.

Laxgoalie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Angry

hmm....happend to my brother too!

aowen416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Some of the Thermal Paste? In all simpleness, it is supposed to be on the CPU :P Just stick it on and push down, make sure that the paste doesn't bother the fixing of course. What is up with the Lever?
Old 08-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
Baseband Member

I'm thinking it's a P4 CPU? (The giant silver block things...) You gotta push it down, and away from the CPU at the same time... I just shoved a screwdriver in there and poped the lever out, worked a buttload faster.

EDIT: Don't get the Thermal Paste on your hands... I hear it causes cancer or something... well... what doesn't...
ZeratulsDownfal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #5
Guru

Lol. I know a number of people who would give me Cancer much faster than if I covered my face in Thermal Paste right now :P

Lol, it is quite thoroughly crazy, all the things they think cause Cancer... you're born with the basicness anyway, you can't live life if you keep trying to stop things you have no control over
Old 08-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
Baseband Member

Default Re: please help- mother board and cpu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Lol. I know a number of people who would give me Cancer much faster than if I covered my face in Thermal Paste right now :P

Lol, it is quite thoroughly crazy, all the things they think cause Cancer... you're born with the basicness anyway, you can't live life if you keep trying to stop things you have no control over
So true... So indeedfully true.
ZeratulsDownfal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
Guru

A Bit like living life constantly making sure you're ready to die and have plans in order!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
per
BSOD

What a bunch of buttholes. The guy asked for help and all you can do is gratify your need to see your name in print. Particularly you, LK.
per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxgoalie1
Im building a computer and right now im attaching the heatsink for the cpu...but the lever is really hard to pull is that right? plus i picked it up to see if the fan was on backwards...some of the pad stuff on the bottum of the heatsink got on the cpu is that bad...please help i dont know if i should pull the lever hard....im afraid it will break.
As I said before, the Lever will be hard to pull down, that way they are hard to pull back up. Which is what you want. You should pull the lever hard. If it does break, send it back. It shouldn't.

Let's not make this derogatory Per...
Old 08-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
per
BSOD

I have watched you and your posts. You have never helped anyone. You just sit there posting nonsense to every post you can open. I watched you post 40 nonsense posts in 1 hour. Your status as a 12000 post guru is based on nothing more than nonsensical bullshit..

per is offline   Reply With Quote