Please help me setup dual monitors

Raveboy

Baseband Member
I am having problems setting up dual monitors on Win XP computer.

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card which I think is 128mb. It has a dvi slot (the one for tft monitor) and a vga slot (for crt monitor).

It is connected to a AGP slot

I have two crt monitors so have put a dvi to vga convertor on so i can hook up two crt monitors.

My device manager states under Display adaptors:
Radeon 9200 pro family (MS corp.)
Radeon 9200 Pro sec family (MS corp.)

Does that look right or is it thinking I have two graphics cards? ( I have one graphics card installed)

My device manager monitor section when I expand it says:
default monitor
plug and play monitor

I have tried to set up the additional monitor in the display menu and click on 'extend my monitor onto this one' but that does not work.

When I boot up my computer with both monitors connected the only to come on is the one connected to the vga slot and NOT the one connected to the dvi convertor.

I am not sure if the device manager is right so am not sure about doing a driver update for the graphics card because of the two radeon things showing in it.

Please help

Hey,

So both screens don't come up, even on the POST? That means it's not a Windows problem but either a graphics card problem or a connectivity problem....take out all the connections, plug them in...then to be sure take them out again and plug them in ;)

If that doesn't work, make sure both monitors are functional by swapping them around, (put the CRT that isn't on the converter on the converter see if it works)

Matt

1.st crt sux
but besides that umm idk u have to like use a program i think

Raveboy said:
I am having problems setting up dual monitors on Win XP computer.

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card which I think is 128mb. It has a dvi slot (the one for tft monitor) and a vga slot (for crt monitor).

It is connected to a AGP slot

I have two crt monitors so have put a dvi to vga convertor on so i can hook up two crt monitors.

My device manager states under Display adaptors:
Radeon 9200 pro family (MS corp.)
Radeon 9200 Pro sec family (MS corp.)

Does that look right or is it thinking I have two graphics cards? ( I have one graphics card installed)

My device manager monitor section when I expand it says:
default monitor
plug and play monitor

I have tried to set up the additional monitor in the display menu and click on 'extend my monitor onto this one' but that does not work.

When I boot up my computer with both monitors connected the only to come on is the one connected to the vga slot and NOT the one connected to the dvi convertor.

I am not sure if the device manager is right so am not sure about doing a driver update for the graphics card because of the two radeon things showing in it.

Please help
vga is used for lcd screens too....

but for your problem, make sure that the second monitor is turned on (duh) and the settings recognize both monitors and stuff. make sure that the resolution for the second monitor is set to a resolution that the monitor can display.

update your drivers i have a 9250 when i re installed windows the drive came up as the 9200 pro family
there is no 9200 card but includes all models
install drivers for your exact model then right click your desktop then hit properties click the tab settings if your card has 2 inputs there should be a scroll down tab named display it should show both of your monotirs. from there its self evident

Back
Top Bottom