Please help me find a proccessor

Brapp347

Solid State Member
Basically, i'm a gamer and some games aren't running as good as i would like them to. I bought a graphics card and it helped a butt load, but gta 4 and red faction guerrilla are having some serious frame rate problems. I know a lot about computers, but my brain ain't too good with processors. the one I have now is a amd athlon x2 4450. I don't know if that's enough information for you guys to help me, so if you need to know anything tell me. My birthday's today so I'd be really happy to look forward to getting one. Thanks!

And i pretty sure it's a proccessor i need because in gta 4 and RFG when i look at the sky, it runs great, but as soon as I look down, the frame-rate gets horrible.

I'm thinking of getting this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103696&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19103696 but i don't know if it can work on my pc. Like i said, i don't really know much about processors.

9600 should be ok. What resolution and settings are you using?

I believe you can find the mobo in the device manager, but I cannot confirm right now because I am on linux....

if not, then I'd just open the case up and look. Only takes a minute.

what do you mean by what motherboard? Like, where does it say it? All i see is pci express and some other stuff? What do you want?

ok, I see HT 2000, ata 133.

It's pre-built.

You probably think I'm really dumb with computers, but compared to everyone I know, I'm a genius.

Compaq

LOL those are more features of it....

I'll give you an example. Mine is ASUS M4A79T.

EDIT: it's probably an intel board, so look for that. If you absolutely can't find it, the model number of the computer would work.

OK. According to google, motherboard is ECS MCP61PM-HM

Sorry, it only supports athlon x2 up to 4800, no greater than 65w...

You will need a new motherboard too.

What resolution and settings are you trying to run in these games?

Back
Top Bottom