Please Help Me Configure My X1950XTX

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello

Yesterday I installed the ATI X1950XTX on my computer. My previous card was X1900XTX and it burned out, so I want to take all the necessary steps for it not to happen again.

1st What would u say is the MAX temp that the 1950xtx can run without damaging its self?

2nd Will I damage the card if I would to have the fan operating at 100% constant when I play games?

3rd What is the best “fan control solution” I am using AtiTool 0.26. I believe there are 3 choices, 1st have it ALWAYS run at a certain % 2nd Keep the temp below certain % or 3rd I forgot what its called, but for those who have atitool, prod know, its like 10 diff stages (EX: when ever the card heats up to 77c fan will run at 35%, when ever the card heats up to 80c the cards will run at 45% …….etc)

When I use my ATI Overdrive in the Catalyst Controller it shows me that the card is underclocked, but when I start the atitool the clock comes back to normal (default settings, here is the pic:

untitled.jpg

Now I didn't had to much time to experiment with it maybe it's a glitch or something, I will look in 2 much more today when I get home.

I don't think I want to overclock it just et, but if I would how would I do it properly without damaging the card…maybe someone have like a guide or something? Something easy to understand lol, and what do u think about the “Automatic Clock configuration Utility” on my catalyst controller should I just use that?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer all this questions.

Thanks.

Hmm, you want to try and uninstall catalyst and the drivers then install them again. Have you did this since you swapped the Graphics cards around?

Just it reset to the defaults when you click on defaults?

The switching of clocks is from 2D to 3D clocks. Nothing to worry about. And the stock heatsink should be fine as long as you have fresh air going to the card. 78*C is very warm for idle clocks.

Hmm, you want to try and uninstall catalyst and the drivers then install them again. Have you did this since you swapped the Graphics cards around?

Just it reset to the defaults when you click on defaults?

This was a fresh install, i removed the catalist & vid drivers and then installed the fresh once from ati.amd website

The switching of clocks is from 2D to 3D clocks. Nothing to worry about. And the stock heatsink should be fine as long as you have fresh air going to the card. 78*C is very warm for idle clocks.

I think i took that SS right after the 3dmark06 so it was worm, i belive the idle temp is about 70....it can deffenatelly be much lower if i set the fan %highter i think 78c was only using about 37% of the fan speed, i tryed turning the fan to 100% and the temp went down to below 40c (when Idle) then i started hearing some clicks with in 7 seconds interwalls and i turneed it off, i dont know if the card was made to run 100% fan speed when idle, maybe if i would be playing a game it woudnt do that, or maybe the cliks were normal... i dunno

Can anyone plz tell me what is the MAX temp that the 1950xtx can take without damaging its self?

Yeah I run mine at 85% always so my card stays cool, never reached 70C again auto fan control sucks.

I couldn't comment. Mines is at 36 Idle, but I've a custom heatsink on it.

36 idle u say? wow thats nice, what kind of a heatsink? U also must have some good air flow in ur comp. I have 6 fans in my computer and im still not even clouse to ur number lol, how fast is ur fan working? is it manually set? what %?

Set it to at least 50% when the card is idle. You will see better temps. And video cards can go over 100*C without damage.

Back
Top Bottom