Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #21
Daemon Poster
 
Mutant Corn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 605
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Nah...it's a good monitor. It has great clarity at higher resolutions, which is uncommon for a CRT.
__________________

__________________
Athlon II 635--CM Hyper 212+ ║ GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 ║ Powercolor HD5770 ║ 2x2GB G-Skill Ripjaws Blue ║ Antec Truepower New 550W ║ NZXT M59 ║ Win7 Pro 64-bit ║ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Mutant Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #22
In Runtime
 
nickelodeonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 285
Send a message via AIM to nickelodeonn
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Corn View Post
Nah...it's a good monitor. It has great clarity at higher resolutions, which is uncommon for a CRT.
All right, then I guess I'll keep it. I just hope he replies to my email with cords!!
__________________

__________________
:) Need a builder!
nickelodeonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #23
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

All you need is a cheap D-SUB cable, if you don't have one already. Look around, I have like 6 of them lol. It has amazing blacks and color rendering too. I had mine at 1280x1024@like 85Hz I think.

It was awesome.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #24
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,390
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Also the 'Pizza Box' case doesn't have room for the PCI expansion slots.

Forget the case and build on a nicely finished plank of wood. Its not that hard to secure all the items down for an open air rig.
__________________
Lenovo ThinkPad T410 - i7 620M - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 120GB SSD - 250GB 2nd drive - Intel HD 3000 GPU - 1440x900 - Windows 7/8
REMENIZ Computers
Remeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
Daemon Poster
 
VINMAN46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,123
Send a message via AIM to VINMAN46
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
Also the 'Pizza Box' case doesn't have room for the PCI expansion slots.

Forget the case and build on a nicely finished plank of wood. Its not that hard to secure all the items down for an open air rig.
do that untill you have enought for a case
VINMAN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #26
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

It actually looks really cool if you make it stand up vertically.

I did that a while back, but it was more to see how it would look.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #27
In Runtime
 
nickelodeonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 285
Send a message via AIM to nickelodeonn
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
It actually looks really cool if you make it stand up vertically.

I did that a while back, but it was more to see how it would look.
I think I might do this!

Or a cardboard box (easier)

But....

1) power button? How would that work?

2) USB Ports?!

3) would I just lay the Hard Drives and everything in the box?
__________________
:) Need a builder!
nickelodeonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #28
Daemon Poster
 
Mutant Corn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 605
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelodeonn View Post
I think I might do this!

Or a cardboard box (easier)

But....

1) power button? How would that work?
Some motherboard come with a power button...haven't checked to see if yours does. If not you can just use a coin to jump the pins. Anything metal really. Just put something across the two pins where the power button plugs in and it'll start.

Quote:
2) USB Ports?!
Most new mobos have 6-8 of them...

Quote:
3) would I just lay the Hard Drives and everything in the box?
Yep


You could always do something like this:


Actually, I may do that too, lol...I'm doing a budget build as well pretty soon.
__________________
Athlon II 635--CM Hyper 212+ ║ GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 ║ Powercolor HD5770 ║ 2x2GB G-Skill Ripjaws Blue ║ Antec Truepower New 550W ║ NZXT M59 ║ Win7 Pro 64-bit ║ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Mutant Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #29
In Runtime
 
nickelodeonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 285
Send a message via AIM to nickelodeonn
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Corn View Post
Some motherboard come with a power button...haven't checked to see if yours does. If not you can just use a coin to jump the pins. Anything metal really. Just put something across the two pins where the power button plugs in and it'll start.
I'll check and see if mine does. That seems complicated. What pins? Haha, I barely know how big a motherboard is, I have like no experience; just want to get some, ya know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Corn View Post
You could always do something like this:


Actually, I may do that too, lol...I'm doing a budget build as well pretty soon.
That looks awesome!!! I might not do the cool "frill" thing or whatever, because that would take a lot of time. I think I'll just put it in the box if worst comes to worst.
__________________
:) Need a builder!
nickelodeonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #30
Daemon Poster
 
Mutant Corn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 605
Default Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelodeonn View Post
I'll check and see if mine does. That seems complicated. What pins? Haha, I barely know how big a motherboard is, I have like no experience; just want to get some, ya know?!
It's not hard at all. Usually the power jumpers are labeled. Just touch something to them for a second...the moment you connect them it'll turn on. That's exactly the same thing that the power button does. It won't spark or anything, and there's no risk of shocking yourself. The hardest part is removing whatever you jumped it with without touching the pins again. If you accidentally touch them while it's in the bios it turns the computer off.

From there, a lot of motherboards have an option in the BIOS that allow the keyboard to turn on the computer...use that. (you may need a PS/2 keyboard to do it...not sure. There are adapters though, if you do.)
__________________

__________________
Athlon II 635--CM Hyper 212+ ║ GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 ║ Powercolor HD5770 ║ 2x2GB G-Skill Ripjaws Blue ║ Antec Truepower New 550W ║ NZXT M59 ║ Win7 Pro 64-bit ║ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Mutant Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0