Please help me build this machine : o)

Footfalls

Solid State Member
I'm just looking for any advice and suggestions to swap out parts I've chosen for a decent low budget desktop computer. I've spent hours browsing around on newegg and I've found a few combo deals I'm wondering are worth it. Here's what I've thought about purchasing so far.

CPU/Mobo
Video Card/PSU
Hard drive/Case
Memory
Windows 7 OS
CD/DVD Burner

I'm thinking it's not a bad build for $586.91, well $701.30 actually including shipping to Alaska, zip 99508. I would greatly appreciate any feedback as to what I should swap out, and simply if all these components would be compatible. Oh, and do I need to purchase a sound card? I can't seem to find any on Newegg, or I just don't know where to look. I'd like to have at least 7.1 surround sound via headset so I'm not sure if that would require a sound card or not. I don't know how to check to see if audio comes integrated.
Thank you!!

Shipping adds a big chunk to that build, eh? Haha.

No matter. The build looks like a pretty decent one; I could sit down and give you individual recommendations but I have to run to work.

Everything looks to be compatible. There's only a couple of things I'd point out; the power supply is definitely something that you *could* downgrade since you won't be needing 600W for your build, however it's a great deal that you've found, so I'd stick with it. Hell, it'll even future-proof you in case you decide to upgrade.

Also, the case you've picked is a pretty compact one, but you are getting a mATX motherboard anyway, so this shouldn't be much of a problem unless you have lots of PCI-E cards and other hardware you'll be adding on.

Otherwise, build is fine. I'd say go for it!

Chris

Thank you Chris! I'd be much obliged if you did sit down and tell me what you would replace, I'm going to buy this machine piece by piece over maybe 2 months or so. Since I'm not buying it all at once I can upgrade some pieces that you think would be worth it. I was shooting for something that can run one program at a time, like Starcraft 2, Diablo 2 and 3, Warcraft 3, and Heroes of Newerth, on full res/max settings but on a budget. Also I'm going to shop around to see if I can buy any of the parts in town at a cheaper price, considering shipping.

Back
Top Bottom