Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-11-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Beta Member
Question Please help me!!!

Hi everyone,

i am a new member on the forum and the reason why I have joined specifically is because Microsoft Access is driving me crazy!

I have been trying to write a formula for a query and it just doesn't seem to work. If any of you have any ideas then I would greatly appreciate your help.

Basically what I am trying to do is create a field that will detect where one of seven tick boxes has been ticked, and then apply a number so that I can have a field that just shows the number that applies to that record rather than seven fields of true and falses.

What I have done is this:

Area Analysis: IIf([Product Mention]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=1), IIf([Product Mention with Explanation]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=2), IIf([Product Mention with Photograph]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=3), IIf([Product Mention with Quote]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=4), IIf([Product Mention, Photograph and Explanation]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=5), IIf([Product Mention, Explanation and Quote]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=6), IIf([Product Mention, Photograph, Explanation and Quote]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=7)

And it doesn't work. If any of you can see where I am going wrong or offer any help then I would be eternally gratefull.

Psychobyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Not trying to push you away here, but this isnt the best website to slove your problem. This one is fantastic, and I used it loads and it saved me so much time.

(they do accses questions as well as excel)

Good luck!

99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
Beta Member

Cheers, much appreciated!
Psychobyrne is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hardrive | MB combo »