Please Help Me!

ieknez

Beta member
1) The problem is whenever i try to play a game my computer will freeze up. At first it was Ragnarok online then Anarchy then starcraft, however when i play counterstrike 1.6 it doesnt freeze up. i have no idea whats wrong, it might be my video card thats what i think it is but im not sure. This is wat im running:

2.4 p4
geforce 4 mx440
2 blocks of 512 ddr ram
sound blaster audigy mp3 sound card

i tried turning off vertical sync and overriding the refresh rates, but nothing seems to work. Also all the fans in my cpu is working. I dont know wats wrong.

2) My other problem is on my other cpu. Just the other day i was using it and my foot hit the power plug and my cpu went down. I tried using it again today for the first time since that incident and now there's a message saying it's not reading my A:\. But i dont have an A: and i never had this problem. Then it asks me to resume by hitting ESC which i do and then it tells me to pick from safe mode, regular etc... (im sure anyone that shut their cpu off incorrectly before seen this message) and i picked every single option and it just to windows xp loading screen and then goes blue and states some message (which i cant read fast enough) anyone knows how to fix both problems or either one? oh and also i tried going to BIOS and turning off the A:\ boot read but it didnt work.

1: i have a felling you have a dell..if you do your video card is probaly the verdict, dell supplys video cards that dont have fans like geforce that you have and they overheat causing the game to ruun bad or crash

2: sounds like it cmos got cleared, try holding down del when you turn it on, and find a option that says load system defaults.

Back
Top Bottom