Please help me

EmZ1

Beta member
I didnt know where to come to for this question so i decided that i should try a computer forum.
I tried to install a game and it wouldnt work. I thought it must have just been not compatible with Windows XP. So i tried to install another one which i knew worked because it was on my computer before and i uninstalled it, but it wouldnt work either. I keep getting an error that says

16 bit windows subsytem in the title then it goes

C:\WINDOWS.0\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. Choose close to terminate the aplication.

Whats up with my comp.

Looks like part of your core system file is corrupted. These really is no way of "repairing" this problem.

Wait!!! I tried running this file, it doesn't exist. I have never seen that file extension before... Windows.0???

Hmmm, either the file is really corrupted, or it is a Virus/Worm. Most likely a virus masking as a file. Either way, there is only really one solution. Back up all your important documents, format the Hardrive, and reinstall WindowsXP.

Sorry I can't help you anymore then that. Maybe a Windows "fanboy" could help you. I don't like Windows that much, so my knowledge is limited. What I would do is probably what half the other people on here are going to say:

FORMAT, REINSTALL, MOVE ON

That is the way Windows works, and it suks because of that. Hopefully Longhorn will Fix this with "regeneration"

BTW again, i noticed that it says 16bit in the error. This is a sure sign that that is a virus, being that simple viruses like that are 16bit, or the virus wasn't transferred correctly, so it is now 16bit, and won't run (thank god) Either way , FORMAT IT BABY!!! :eek:

The only prob is that last time i did that i couldnt install my printer or anything

That is a driver issue, your drivers may not be compatible with WinXP. Go to your manufactuers website, and look up your printer, get the WinXP approved drivers, save them to a disk, and then format and install them after a fresh install of WindowsXP. Also, have WindowsXp do a live update when it installs itself. It will get a better driver list, and you will find good drivers for other stuff you may need in those lists. GL friend, and may the AMD ZEN BE WITH YOU! :cool: :D

Back
Top Bottom