Please Help Me!!!

So whats new ? pussy Cat ? It did seem serious last month.
im almost done with my computer but when i start it up now it gets to wait... then it just stops loading after it displays my hard drive crap. i can still restart it so its not frozen but it just halts at the boot screen after it displays my hard drive stats.please help me.
:confused: :mad:

May be a dodgy cable, or poss a faulty hardrive, is it still under warranty?

Report Post | IP: Logged

July 7th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Re: Please Help Me!!! Post #3

Gary Graefen

If you built it try undoing the memory and reinserting it. Make sure your mother board has enough screws holding it down and that its flat-not bowed. Many newbies improperly install the mother board. Check your bios for proper settings.-Always try the default boot settings first-then tweak them for best performance. Did your windows install go all the way through?-if not try reinstalling windows again.

July 7th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Re: Please Help Me!!! Post #4

bluto
Guru

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by maverickiv
im almost done with my computer but when i start it up now it gets to wait... then it just stops loading after it displays my hard drive crap. i can still restart it so its not frozen but it just halts at the boot screen after it displays my hard drive stats.please help me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine does too.It gives you time to read it while it loads your device drivers,and does a memory check.
How long does it take to get to your desktop.
It was hard to decide if you did or didn't.

Isn't that our purpose here ?
Last edited by bluto on July 7th, 2004 at 03:48 AM.

July 7th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Re: Please Help Me!!! Post #5

maverickiv

i checked all the cables. my motherboard is fine. although this is my first build.. im not a noob. lol. the harddrive worked fine on other computers. windows did fully install. all i could think of would be the memory sticks however it gets past the "checking nvram" part and just halts all loading at "wait... primary slave wdc,serial number, aka hard drive specifications" that's it. any other ideas? please send me posts if u think of anything

July 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Post #6

killerdoberman

Location: Florida - USA I had this happen to me. I finally found out what the problem AFTER I ripped out everything from my computer, i.e. sound card, NIC card, bought new HDD cables, disconnected my floppy drives.

The problem was....drum roll please.

My fricken compact flash card. I had my USB cable still connected with my compact flash card. After it checked the harddrive it went to see if it can boot or something from any other drives. I had a compact flash card so it thought it was a bootable or a bad sector on the disk. It was stuck reading every sector, I guess, but soon as I unplugged the USB cable, the sucker booted up right away like it is suppose to.

Wierd!

Do you have a compact flash card, USB drive or any other thing?

Windows XP Pro, DOOM 3, CS, UT2004, BF1942 RtoR, CNC Generals

July 7th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Re: Please Help Me!!! Post #7

maverickiv

actually yeah i think i do. thanks. ill go home and try that later tonight I hope it works! "crosses fingers"

July 8th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Re: Please Help Me!!! Post #8

bluto
Guru

Quote:
i checked all the cables. my motherboard is fine. although this is my first build.. im not a noob. lol. the harddrive worked fine on other computers. windows did fully install. all i could think of would be the memory sticks however it gets past the "checking nvram" part and just halts all loading at "wait... primary slave wdc,serial number, aka hard drive specifications" that's it. any other ideas? please send me posts if u think of anything

What exactly is it then your not happy about ? What results are you expecting and not getting ?
You did not say how long it takes
for Windows to "load"
I didn't mean install Windows and by the way you still havn't included Win Version.

July 8th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Re: Please Help Me!!! Post #9

maverickiv

damn it bluto on all ur posts u do no good in helping. I CLEARLY stated that windows DOES NOT LOAD!!! THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!! I HAVE WIN 98 on it. but now i got past the whole thing and it says it has no operating system. wtf do i do to get an operating system?

July 12th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Re: Please Help Me!!! Post #10

bluto
Guru

Quote:
damn it bluto on all ur posts u do no good in helping. I CLEARLY stated that windows DOES NOT LOAD!!! THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!! I HAVE WIN 98 on it. but now i got past the whole thing and it says it has no operating system. wtf do i do to get an operating system?

Put in a floppy system disk,turn on PC,Fdisk the partision in ?
Of course you didn't include that.But my guess is Master.
Remove active partision.exit

Format C follow the prompts and install Windows.
You do have the cd inserted ? and a system floppy ?
so Lets roll.

Today, 06:43 AM
Post #11

bluto
Guru

Location: Canada/905 So whats new ? pussy Cat ? It did seem serious last month.

Last edited by bluto on August 24th, 2004 at 06:50 AM.

try that :)

Back
Top Bottom