Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Unhappy Please help!!! computer not functioning at all can't even get safe mode!

Hey everyone, big problem here. I was getting STOP errors and tons of BSODs with everything I did on my computer, and the Microsoft help said to try a restore to last known good configuration. I tried this and it didn't help. Then I tried putting in the windows xp CD (dell one) that came with the computer, to run a repair install (not the recovery console). It almost made it through, then it failed on a file, saying it was not a valid windows image.

It let me skip, so i did - then it finished. When it rebooted, it got to the "setting up windows... 40 mins remaining" GUI thing (so far so good). But then after about 30 mins, I get a BSOD saying it has failed. Every time its a different BSOD. Wtf is going on??

So now I tried booting into safemode with command prompt to run system restore and I can't even get into that! It gets to loading all of those files with that big black screen and white text, but just hangs on one of them and never goes anywhere again... Please help, Im so lost

Thanks

Old 09-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Please help!!! computer not functioning at all can't even get safe mode!

Try a clean install?

Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Default Re: Please help!!! computer not functioning at all can't even get safe mode!

and after that, try your hardware, maybe a hardware has gone bad.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Try a clean install. It looks like you have corrupted system files. I'm not sure how good of a chance you have recovering your data. BUT, if you want the problem solved. Do a clean install of Windows and it should work.
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote