Please help!!! computer not functioning at all can't even get safe mode!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone, big problem here. I was getting STOP errors and tons of BSODs with everything I did on my computer, and the Microsoft help said to try a restore to last known good configuration. I tried this and it didn't help. Then I tried putting in the windows xp CD (dell one) that came with the computer, to run a repair install (not the recovery console). It almost made it through, then it failed on a file, saying it was not a valid windows image.

It let me skip, so i did - then it finished. When it rebooted, it got to the "setting up windows... 40 mins remaining" GUI thing (so far so good). But then after about 30 mins, I get a BSOD saying it has failed. Every time its a different BSOD. Wtf is going on??

So now I tried booting into safemode with command prompt to run system restore and I can't even get into that! It gets to loading all of those files with that big black screen and white text, but just hangs on one of them and never goes anywhere again... Please help, Im so lost

Thanks

and after that, try your hardware, maybe a hardware has gone bad.

Try a clean install. It looks like you have corrupted system files. I'm not sure how good of a chance you have recovering your data. BUT, if you want the problem solved. Do a clean install of Windows and it should work.

Back
Top Bottom