please help, computer iinfected!

jeo14888

Baseband Member
hi, please help everyday i a getting am infection reported by AVG, its the same name everytime, Trojan Horse PSW.Generic2.OMC, and there was also a Trojan Horse PSW.Generic2.ETW a couple of days ago. This has been goin on for a week and dosent seem to be stopping or even slowing down. Is there anyway of stopping it before it possibly starts eating away at important files. Be grateful for any help on this one, thanks.

The two ways I can think of is get pest patrol and etrust antivirus(costs some money) or reboot reset the computer(erase everything).

Where are these Trojans? Where does AVG say they are? if they are in your Restore Points you will have to disable then re enable System Restore to clear them.

PSW are password stealing viruses. I suggest changing you pass after you get rid of the virus/viruses.

search for a folder wish PSW in it, actually, just search for PSW. Open the containing folder.
Show me what is in it.. or tell me.

if there is more than one file, try to delete them, 1 at a time.if none of them want to delete, go to task manager. you will see
PSW blah blah blag
something.OCM whatever
or whatever.ETW
go to these on processes and click end process tree. and try deleting them then.

Its just a thought. If it doesn't help at all sorry :D

-Q

*edit*

PSW are password stealing viruses. I suggest changing you pass after you get rid of the virus/viruses.

search for a folder wish PSW in it, actually, just search for PSW. Open the containing folder.
Show me what is in it.. or tell me.

if there is more than one file, try to delete them, 1 at a time.if none of them want to delete, go to task manager. you will see
PSW blah blah blag
something.OCM whatever
or whatever.ETW
go to these on processes and click end process tree. and try deleting them then.

Its just a thought. If it doesn't help at all sorry :D

-Q

*edit*

ok, thanks for all the responses, first off here is a screen shot hopefully containing all the information you will need, http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_fullsize.html?c_photo=1020205636, hope that works. I tried doing some searches but its not coming up with anything, does this mean they could be gone. And also i have the old trojans still in quarantine, should i delte them or are the needed? im gonna run another virus check now to see if there any more. thanks again

Can't get to the pics, try another host.

Anyway, it could be in your bootsector, you could type msconfig in the run menu and look for the file location in the startup section. If you find it there, disable it, restart, scan, then delete. Maybe that would work.

i did another virus check and sure enough there was another one in the localsettings/temp folder. And it wasnt in my bootsector

Back
Top Bottom