Please help check my answers.

Windex1

In Runtime
---
There is no data stored on the motherboard. True or False...

I look at this statement and think false mainly because there is SRAM which does contain data and is integrated on the mainboard. I might be wrong on the SRAM but i know the ROM BIOS contains CMOS setup which has a battery trickle energy to it so that it keeps its information about devices and time settings. So I would have to say...

False..

What do you think?

---
A motherboard can accommodate up to ___ IDE devices in one system.

a. 2
b. 4
c. 6
d. 8

I chose B mainly because regular Integrated device electronics allow up to 4 devices and two on each ribbon cable. However I think i'm wrong because of the new ATA factor which is ATA/100? it uses serial cables and some system are allow to have to 6 ide devices if they have the regular IDE slots. Eh.. this test is only on previous chapters though.. hmm..

B.
----------------------------------------
Each IDE connector can accomdate ______ devices.

a. 1
b. 2
c. 4
d. It depends on the type of IDE connector.

I chose B. I just thought two EIDE that are ATAPI complient would be allowed to hook up to a ribbon cable with two connecting slots. Maybe this is just in reference to a basic HDD and a Floppy, but maybe i'm wrong. What do you think?
-----------------
The _____ command supports copying subdirectories.

a. diskcopy
b. copy
c. xcopy
d. A and C

I'm iffy about this one mainly because diskcopy copies a disk and whatever you have on it meaning subdirectories also, but it doesn't work on a hard drive. However, xcopy works on disks and hard drives. The quesiton isn't specifying wheter it is a hard drive or floppy drive so I decided to go with..

D.

---
18. Input/output devices communicate with components inside the computer case through a wireless connection or through cables attached to the case at a connection called a ___________.

a. trace
b. BNC connector
c. port
d. jumper

I'm putting my money on C mainly because wireless would probably be a network adapter. And cable attached to the case would most likely go to a port. I go with...

C

First of all there is data on your motherboard, it is very important; the ROM BIOS!
Secondly the number of PCI device you can hook up on your motherboard,,,,depends on your motherboard!. Some have 4, others 6, some maybe 8...depends on what the motherboard type and use. Third ...2
Finally, your questions look like if it was coming out of a book! Is this a homework or what?

Back
Top Bottom