Please help acer wont start

londoner62

Beta member
Hi guys I really need help here...I hav an acer 5520 laptop...its an older model....i was having problem with having a password on the bios...so i couldnt get into the bios so i researched and it said to remove the cmoz battery or to do a jump sequence....so i got my hubby to take the laptop apart for me and he took the battery out....i asked him if it was soldered to the motherboard and he said yes but not very well....so he took the battery out even though it was soldered to the motherboarrd...he put everything back together aand know the laptop wont start up...it shows there is power..but the button to start it up doesnt do anything......can some on please help me to get the laptop started please....thanks for reading

Cheryl

First of all, your battery should have never been soldered to the mobo, this battery eventually goes and must be replaced- so i would not understand why unless that is acers way of making you pay for another mobo for that. In order to get to the CMDOS battery you must remove the pc shell i think, so he may have damaged a part or just simply did not connect all cables. Like I said, as me being a IT Professional- it is very hard to diagnose something that I cannot see and I would not want to lead you the wrong way for a misunderstanding. I could probably help you if you know if there are any lights on- beeps or anything unusual or any signs of the pc receiving power.

Hi and thanks for your replies.....sorry i dont have a picture....but i did find out that there was glue on the battery...it wasnt soldered in...my apologies for that....he told me that the battery had a bunch of glue pinched around it....and all he did was remove it and put it back in place,,,he put the laptop together and now it wont start...its plugged into the battery and the light is on...but when u hit the button to start it nothing happens,,,,so i cant really tell u if its woking differently....so with this i hope i gave you enough info...if not please let mee know and will do my best to help you...thanks again for your help...Cheryl

Need the screenshot because at the moment it is not possible to be certain if your husband actually removed the battery, or something else entirely. Clearly something was broken in the process.

Hi thanks for your reply....my husband said that he just unclipped one side of it.....lifted it up...didnt remove all the battery he just unclipped one side and then clipped it back in again and then put the laptop back....hopefully u can help with my reply....thanks...Cheryl

Yes, we really need a.snapshot but since you ca not obtain one, try removing battery and plug and hold power button for 1 min then plug battery back in and try that. If it doesn't work you may have a bad motherboard, did he use a heat or solder gun to remove battery if so he could have fried the mobo

Hi thanks for the reply, I will try what you said...and no he didnt use a soldering gun or anything like that to remove it...he just undid the one side and lifted it up and then put it back and clipped it back in again....im hoping my motherboard is okay....thanks for your replies....Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom