Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Please Help!

I am having a few computer issues. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

1. When I shut down my computer of close the lid overnight, when I go to turn it on in the morning the screen remains black. Sometimes it takes up to 45 minutes of constantly holding down the power button and turning back on over and over before it will work. Does anyone know why this is?

2. When I open my videos or documents, the whole computer just stops responding. This just started today.

3. I cannot install this update. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86

Anyone who can help with anyone of thses issues please do I would greatly appreciate it!

halo0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Default Re: Please Help!

As far as tye black screen issue, I have the same problem on W7 64. It seems to drop certain drivers when it goes into standby, and does not reload them because of an epic glitch. AFAIK, there is no way to fix this, just workarounds.

Have you run a virus/malware scan? That could explain the inability to update. Try malwarebyte's anti malware.

Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Beta Member

i have tried that already yes. I googled it and it seems alot of people are having the same problem with the update.
halo0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Omnipotent One
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

What brand and model laptop are you using?

If you haven't done so already, try installing Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) before updating the Microsoft .NET Framework software.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote