Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-26-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Please Help!

I recently fried my mobo. I'm not sure if this is the right place to come, but I figured, "What the heck."

I recently bought the game World of Warcraft(WoW) for my PC, but the thing is the day before it came my motherboard got fried, talk about bad luck.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you people know where I could buy a system completely for WoW, music, and BFME II(new computer game coming out Spring 06). My spending range will be somewhere between $600-$850 (I want 1gig of RAM). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aaron318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:12 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Please Help!

Well, if you want to build it, with that money, it would be no problem. If you want to buy it, it'll be more of a challenge to find something that you would like. That's very unlucky about your motherboard, though.

Depending on the specifications for BFME II (I don't know what that is), you'll probably be able to build you a system that could easily play that at a high level. You said your motherboard friend, so that means your HDD, CD/DVD drivers, and hopefully other components are okay.

I'll let you decide whether or not you want to build or buy first, though.

Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #3
Solid State Member

well this last one was built, but it was put together very poorly. So I'm looking to actually buy an already built computer.

Edit: Oh, and BFME II is short for Battle for Middle Earth II here's a link to the website if your interested: http://www.ea.com/official/lordoftherings/bfme2/us/
aaron318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:27 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

From the looks of the screenshots, it doesn't look to be an extremely demanding game. I would check out some ABS systems, as they usually have pretty good stuff. But I'm definitely a builder so I really can't help you as much as a few of the other guys around here could.
Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote