having diffaculty installing bare HDD inside a external enclosure
I've gotten to step 3 when I click unallocated region the new volume is'nt highlighted so I can't use the wizard.
Thanks for any help STB
- Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.
- Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.
- In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
- Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.
- Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.
- In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:
- If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.
- To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.
- Review your choices, and then click Finish.
edit I've also tryed this
right click my computer
I get a message
you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it
there are 2 choices MBR master boot record
and GPT guid partition table
I tryed both and get this message
the media is write protected
edit again in disk management there's a black horizontal bar in the unallocated area there are diaangle lines and the drives size of 1862.36 is being displayed.
I'm thinking this HDD may need to be formatted because in disk management the file sys. is RAW not NFTS like my other HDDs.