Play Crysis on Max settings on a low power laptop

Kage

Golden Master
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/965/965535p1.html

You have to read that... If it works as it says it does, thats impressive stuff.

Basically, one mini, internet connected console for use on any game that is supported. No more console ports, etc, as the dedicated hardware online handles all the processing.

Only worrying factor I can see, is if the service ever went down, no more games, as everything is stored online (you'd pay for the full versions, or rent), and also, there would be times the service would fall anyway, due to demand, etc I'd expect.

But the concept itself is pretty amazing, and you have to agree with that.

I don't know how well that would do. The true PC gamers aren't going to fall for that. Depending on the price of the game, people might just stick to 360, Wii and PS3.

Over time though, who knows? Were not just talking 5-10 years here.

They say they've solved the latency issues, but still, as people have mentioned, you'll still have a delay (depending on where you are) from when a button is pressed, to something happening on screen (however small)

But the concept itself? If it works? They could be on to something. I'd need to see it for myself first however.

Yeah as you said I would have to see it myself to get a true feeling on it. But man if they can perfect it that is going to change the high end gaming market a lot. I mean the dedicated people will still be building sicko gaming rigs still but the n00bs who buy a $4k dell machine will be obsolete...:D:D:D

Its a bit freaky to think of it this way.

Instead of a game being hampered by the hardware, and not being able to run at max resolutions/settings, you'll be hampered by the laws of physics (internet line speed limited to the speed of light) :p

I wonder what sort of line you'd need to run the game at 1080p, if this was ever introduced?

Something that I don't get is how in hell many people can be on this at once, and still have max settings. Surely that would mean a dedicated gaming machine for every person. That can't be right though, so what are they running to make this work?

Back
Top Bottom