Ping!!!

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
ok...when im playing Counter Strike:Source...it allways kicks me off of a server b/c it says that i have exceded the 230 ping limit...what the heck is ping...and how do i get it down?

Its got to do with lag and packetloss
This may be due to a slow internet speed such as dial up or it may be because the server in which your connecting to is, says for example, in america [i live in australia], it would take me atleast 180 ms even on cable to reach the server.

Either get a better internet connection or just try to connect to a mirror server, although i am not sure if you can on CS.

:)

Yeah it's your internet connection speed. I don't know what you have (cable, DSL, Dial-Up), but no matter what connection you have, always try finding a server that has a low ping, the lower the ping of the server, the better. Of course if you have dial-up then it won't really matter, you're bound to lag no matter what and probably get kicked out of the server.

uhh...i have DSL ... how do you connect to differant servers? can you bring up a list or sumthing? i really don't know that much about internet :(

Not much you can do about ping times..

Thats the time it takes to send info to the CS server you play on and your computer.. 230 ms.. They have a limit.. When your ping time gets high (slow internet) it will lag the server and you will stop for a few seconds.. They kick you for that..

Check to see what programs you have connecting to the internet.. Turn off internet browsers, Instant messengers, weather progs.. Basically anything that will connect to the internet.

If you ping times dont lower, then you need to find a different server to play on or get a faster connection.

Yeah don't do too many tasks that use your internet while playing games, especially downloading stuff, that's the worst. And yeah CS has a thing that gives you a list of servers that you connect to. All you gotta do to find a server with low ping is click the tab where it says ping (maybe it's called something different I haven't played in a loooong time so I forgot) and it will put them in order.

lol...i thought you ment like internet servers...yeah...for some reason it went back lower...i think its dern alltel...but idk...i got 77 ping now :) but thanx for all your responses

Kalgatha said:
uhh...i have DSL ... how do you connect to differant servers? can you bring up a list or sumthing? i really don't know that much about internet :(

No different servers in CS:S. You can set the refresh list to only show say below 150 ping servers(thats what i have mine set too) and you can also set it to just certain parts of the world(choose the one that is nearest to you).

Back
Top Bottom