Piece by piece, suggestions and advice

InnerCalm

Solid State Member
I am looking to build my second computer, this time doing all the labor and installation myself. I bought off cyberpowerpc, and though i loved the computer, i wanted something different. The following is what i am looking at, and why... if you see something wrong or think i should change something, PLEASE tell me, as I want the best computer i can get within my budget (1500 or so)

Type of computer - I want a GAMING rig that will eat anything i throw at it. I want to be able to run anything i want.

Motherboard

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Intel Z68 LGA1155 Motherboard
or
ASUS P6X58-E PRO Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard

The reason i chose these motherboards is because of the ability to quad-sli... I may not use this function for the time being, but the ability to do so is very nice. They are both 259$.

Is quad-sli worth the price, and are these motherboards what I am looking for? Which one do i want? The x58 has 6 ram slots, i like that better, but in the description, the first one said it was made for second generation intel processors... is the second one also capable of using the second gen processors? HELP ME DECIDE!!!

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz)

I simply liked the 3.4 with quad core multi-threading. Thoughts? Price is 315$

Memory

Depending on the motherboard i have 4-6 slots... whats the most i can get within the budget?

Graphics Card(s)

I had two 6850's crossfired... need help here. Only getting one video card until after i get the rest of the computer set up, so i need help deciding on something i can do later.

SLI - Crossfire??

What do i need???

Also noticed that some of the same cards are made by different people, does that matter?

Sound

Built in

Ethernet Card

Built in

Hard Drive

Seagate ST32000641AS Barracuda XT Hard Drive - 2TB, 7200 RPM, SATA 6G, 64MB Cache

2tb is what i want, i suppose this is fast enough... 129$

DVD/BR

Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Internal 12x Blu-Ray Burner - BD-R 12x, BD-R DL 8x, BD-R LTH 4x, BD-RE 2x, BD-RE DL 2x, DVD±R 16x, DVD+RW 8x, DVD-RW 6x, DVD±R DL 8x, DVD-RAM 12x, CD-R 48x, CD-RW 24x, SATA

Figured id use this for my drive - 99$

CASE

Ultra U12-40670 BLACK Edition Full-Tower ATX/mATX Case (3) 120mm Fans, (7) External 5.25" Bays, (5) Internal 3.5" Bays, Front Port USB, FireWire, eSATA and Audio, Tool-Free, Lifetime Warranty w/ Reg

Maybe for space - 129$

Azza CSAZ-2000R Hurrican 2000R Full Tower Gaming Case - E-ATX, Full ATX, ATX, Micro ATX, 4x Ext 5.25", 1x Ext 3.5", 6x Int 3.5", 4x 230mm Fans, 4x 120mm Fans, 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, e-SATA

139$

Or i might build my own if money is tight

Power Supply

Azza PSAZ-1000A14 Titan ATX Power Supply - 1000W, 80 Plus Bronze, 140mm LED Fan, SLI & CrossFire Ready, Active PFC

Extra power for later upgrades - 120$

------------------------

Thats all i can think of right now... any help would be appreciated

graphics cards and memory would help me out a lot.

Going to go out on a limb here and bump one more time... i could use the help building this computer and finding good ram and video card... i dont quite understand everything. Any help appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom