Picking a Drive: Thinking Either IoGear or Western Digital Help

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3371541
Thats Western Digital, It was the best specs but the thing looks pink and purple! o_O lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822161818
Thats IoGear, Costs less, But has less storage too

I have 100 dollars I just got from the government because of a savings account they stole money out of when I wasnt looking when I was a kid, My great grandmother put it in there..Should I feel bad for wanting to use it for electronics? lol she just wanted me to have a savings account XP

But yeah, got 100 bucks, and 40 bucks in my wallet, Im getting 95 possibly tonight, So I in theory could get the Western Digital one.. Shoot maybe even the 250 Gig Western Digital one lol What do you guys think? Is there a better one?

Well, as a Western Digital fan, I recommend going with their brand. However, it's really up to you. If you want a bigger (space and volume) drive, go with the Western Digital. If you want something more compact, get the IO Gear. By the way, Western Digital makes non-pin-and-purple drives.

same size? lol Ill check out their site, I dont really mind the size, As long as I can stick it in a brief case, or a suit jacket,

I just dont prefer for it it to be as big as an internal, thats a bit bulky you know?

Most external drives are actually a lot bigger than internal ones. You might want to visit an electronics store to get a better idea of what you want.

I know what I want, and thats not really true... Most external drives drives are smaller o_O

And My budget? I told what my budget is lol I got 140 now, geting about 100 soon

>_> <_< >_> <_< >_>

You Dont need to know that now do you...?

Lol But seriously,

1. Backing up files when I work on peoples computers (In other words Making a Folder for their computer, Puting files there, reinstalling the pc, putting their personal files back, installing programs they use, etc)

2. Carrying Music, Images, Videos, Documents, And Programs with me places

Ever been working on someones computer and suddenly "I need this file, it should be in...MAN! Its on my computer at home, Im Sorry I cant make any money from you today Ill come back later" lol Well Yeah, In other words Im gonna be using it for personal use and for work, So I need it to be large (In the Data Storage Sense) And Small (In the Physical Size Sense) Because Ill probly always have it on me.

Paradox said:
I know what I want, and thats not really true... Most external drives drives are smaller o_O

Wait, actually most are larger than internal drives. I know what I'm talking about, kay? Just trying to help you out. Maybe you're confused about what an external hard drive actually is or what a typical one is like, but you can trust me. There are many slim/mini external drives coming out now, but the bigger desktop ones are still the most common.

OK well I know what Im talking about too buddy lol The ones around here are smaller than internal ones, I know how big internal HDs are.

Theyre more common where you are probably

Back
Top Bottom