physx and 3d modeling

klivevil

Baseband Member
do u guys think the new physx add on cards will make 3d modeling/rendering better?

can u use it for 3dmodeling and not just games?

actually that is a good question man...i have used 4d cinema and i know the effects such as explosion are always the same...maybe it will give u the chance to use different types of explosions and bendings and other stuff...it would probably give you a wider range of ways to do simple things to make things more eye catching....but im not for sure it could be used but i think it could be...hope this helped

I wish it could, but I'm sure it doesn't :(

I as well want a card to speed up rendering, but they cost a packet. My only chance is setting up a farm really with old CPU's lying around.

That physx card is only to be used when running physics, so will be useless for 3D rendering still I believe.

I'm sure in the future though, as we get more processors linked up together, like quad CPU's etc, we'll see an increase in speed.

The only way the Physics card could speed up he 3D process at all, would be for the computation of the physics, but in 3D Studio Max for example, its Havok built for Reactor, which wouldn't work anyways.

I doesn't. It's purely designed for physics processing, not graphical or video rendering.

Yeah, supposedly that card is going to revolutionize gaming like the video card did.. but we shall be the judge of that when the time comes.

you can use physics in some modeling programs. I know 3dsmax 8 has somthing like that built in.

Back
Top Bottom