Physic Cards

uh yeah..please read or stop posting thanks :) but im talking about games like crysis, i know crysis uses VPU and not PPU so a physics card wouldnt affect it..but what about unreal tournament 3? gears of war? Bioshock? etc.

A physics card is a waste of money in any build, period. Even more so in a high end build like that that has tons of power.

alright, well... my friend josh has a physics card in his computer but its a lower end build and its one of those BFG tech phsX accelerators and he gets about a 40/50 FPS boost in lower end games..such as half life two and such

Go on youtube, and type in ghost recon aegia island or something like that. It shows what a physics card can do.

alright, well... my friend josh has a physics card in his computer but its a lower end build and its one of those BFG tech phsX accelerators and he gets about a 40/50 FPS boost in lower end games..such as half life two and such
He could also spend that $150 on upgrading his graphics card, CPU, or RAM and get a much larger performance boost. $150 can get you from a 7600GT to an 8800GTS, you can add 4 gigs of DDR2-800, or upgrade from say a 3 GHz P4 to an E6600.
(You'd actually be best off combining them, maybe getting an 8600GTS and a gig or 2 of RAM)

Physics cards are gonna become obsolete. High end graphics cards and CPUs have more than enough power to also do physics work.

Back
Top Bottom