Photoshop basic help!!

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I have photoshop CS3, but dont know how to use it, lol. I am trying to make a pretty basic background for my desktop.

I want to take the image below, and put it over a colored background, and want just the black. I want the white part to change to the background colors. How do I do this?

0515.gif

1024x768. I found out how to get the white part clear, but now, I cant save it as a .jpg, only goofy formats like .pdd

0515of5.gif

i cant really tell u how, it was a pain in the ass, cuz its not a render. go here and it'll be much easier

planetrenders.net

once you get rid of the white and make it clear (transparent) create a new layer and fill it with the bucket tool with the color or your choice, then you need to flatten the image layers. Go to Layers at the top and in the drop down menu select Flatten image. Then you can go ahead and save it as a .jpg

Well, I figured it out too, but my secondary monitor is a POS, lol. So where it fades from black to purple it looks kinda bad, but otherwise it looks good. I can post it tonight.

There are lots of tutorials on Youtube that give you a good basics on doing things just go to you tube and type photo shop.

Okay, because it only has two colors, it's quite easy to cut out, I don't know what the hell Killa is talking about.

WAIT! DUDE IT'S FREAKING TRANSPARENT ALREADY. :|

Okay, this is what you do.

Open the GIF in photoshop. Make a new document the rez of your screen. Fill it (Edit --> Fill) with whatever color you wanted.

Go back to the original document with the picture, and hold down CTRL + click the LAYER the picture is in. This highlights the picture only. Change the color of the picture if you want while it's still selected (Edit --> Fill)

Go to Filter --> Blur --> Gaussian Blur and blur it about...1-1.5 pixels..because the edges are a bit rough. Press Ok.

With the picture still selected, press V to go into the move tool mode, and drag the picture to the other file you opened the background). Move it to where you like, and you're done.

Oh...and don't pirate photoshop :p

Back
Top Bottom