Phisycs X from BFG is here!

Have you checked out the videos though on their site? If your looking for realism, it doesn't really deliver it.
Havok's system used in Half Life 2 is alot more realistic!

i think the second video looks pretty amazing. I like how stuf can tear like clothes and material. So how much will this thing cost anyone know? Hope they make battlefield 2 with thing :D:D

that looks pretty cool, i'll get one once all the new games coming out support it because if only 20 games support it then its most likely a waste of money

It would be good if the system allowed updates to allow for better realism, etc in later titles.

But from what I've seen, getting that card has no impact on games at the moment what so ever to using software to implement physics.

Maybe in later titles where graphics get more and more advanced, a card like this will be needed, but its not a neccessity at the moment.

Considering also that the physics system used within the card is probably not as advanced as the Half Life 2's Havok system, and you have a problem.

That is why I hope they can offer updates.

well ive read an article about it and it said that you dont need to keep buying new physics cards because they will offer software/firmware upgrades so you will never have to buy another one

Thats alright then I guess, as long as they'll offer a long term upgrade.

I also wonder if their physics system is like compatable with Havoks system, or are they completely seperate from one another.

Even if you don't notice a complete physics upgrade with the PPU at the moment, it will however increase framerates, because part of the graphics is sent off to the PPU so the GPU is left to process just graphics. A game that would SERIOUSLY benefit form this is HL2. :)

Back
Top Bottom