Philips AMBX - Any Good?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I'm looking into buying new speakers and I had pretty much decided I was going to go for the Logitech Z-5500. However I have now seen these philips AMBX speakers, I understand that these are not as powerful as the Z5500 speakers however they have other really cool features and must be better than my 100W Dell speakers. Has anyone tried these, are they any good?

Guess those Phillips speakers would be good for music in terms of lighting... but for pure power, you want the Z-5500's, unless you want to go all out on a proper stereo system with amps, etc.
Plus, its only a 2.1 set. A full 5.1 set even brings music to life when you set it to Pro Logic II. Trust me on that.

Surround sound with an overall power of 80W RMS (Z-5500's has 505 watts, so possible to go a lot louder without distortion)
Frequency 35 Hz - 20 kHz (Sub on the Z-5500's can go down to 33hz :p )

Thanks for the replies. I know the Z5500 are extremely powerful speakers but I havent even maxed out my 100W Dell ones (but bass becomes quickly distoreted on these), so I'm never going to max out the Philips ones (160W). I haven't completely decided on either set yet, but I was just wondering if the Philips ones are even any good or just a heap of rubbish, turns out that after reading reviews they are supposedly great. Just need to do some more thinking!

Mmm... I don't see the point unless you are really into gaming anyway, and have games that support the technology.

The Z-5500's never distort, however loud you go

I wouldn't really buy speakers based on volume... The highest ever had my amp at is 5/10, and it HURT! haha.

if you got the money man i suggest going with the Z-5500, pretty big difference watching a movie in 2.1 and 5.1(the 5.1 being better)

Back
Top Bottom