Phase2: Receiving, Building, & Overclocking New Gaming Rig

Shipment 3 of 4 received!

I get off work at 1pm PST and then I'll install everything and do the wiring, make sure everything is working. Then it's just a 2 week wait until the H100 / GTX 680 / overclocking / done!

Attachments

• IMAG0533.jpg
    IMAG0533.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 12
I've added a new mini-USB to USB adapter to my shopping cart for when I order my last parts (as well as a new surge protector) so that I can upload high resolution pictures for you, but for now all I have still is my phone pictures.

Everything is hooked up, wired (decent wire management this time I think) and ready to go. Currently installing Windows. So far zero problems (unless you count plugging my HDD and Optical drives into the wrong SATA ports the first boot, and I still don't understand why).

All that's left is to order my GTX 680 and H100, install them, and begin overclocking!

Attachments

• IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 10
First notes:

THANK YOU to OS-Wiz and Hameister for suggesting this case. I love it. Beats my old Antec 1200 in 100 different ways. Wire management is excellent, the 5.25" bays are incredibly easy to install/remove drives... the HDD bays come with 2.5" brackets built in? Once I remove the side 200mm fan and replace it with 4x 120mm fans, this case will be amazing. I love it.

Looking good! How are those MEM sticks compared to the ones I got (Corsair Vengeance) I might need to send mine back, they work but they are to tall and I can't install the same mem in the first slot because of my HSF being in the way. So if yours is shorter I wil replace my mem. And it is faster to no?

Last edited:
Just ordered the 500GB WD Caviar Blue, 2GB EVGA SuperClocked GTX 680, CORSAIR H100, a new surge protector, and 4x 120mm fans.

Back
Top Bottom