permanently erase internet history??

demonboy13

Solid State Member
i was just wondering if there is any way to permanently delete every trace of your internet activity, so as if the computer were new!!!

our computer was once used for alot of people....now i use it only but i know a few computer wizzes who snoop around and may come across something i have not accessed and no matter how hard i try to deny they will not believe me hahaha

can someone please help....much appreciated thanx!!!

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
Click OK.

medabomb2000 said:
In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
Click OK.

thanx for that.....but cant someone with good computer skills find traces of internet activity still on the computer....coz there are still traces left on the comp???

you can always wipe the disk. There are traces for everything, It difficult to delete all traces. That is just the obvious one.

You could always use CCleaner, it works pretty good you can set the levels to which you want the data to be wiped. 3 passes etc...

medabomb2000 said:
Click OK.

yes also try disk clean up

2. How to run Diskcleanup in windows XP

Go to Start, programs, accessories, system tools, disk cleanup.

Select the drive you want to clean.

After it scans the drive select all the boxes you want to clean files out of.

(usually all of them)

Click ok.

But from what i have read/head there is still ways to retrieve data off a drive that has been wiped up to seven times.

Back
Top Bottom